Required to obtain a Pell Grant of Direct Loan
Obtain help completing your FAFSA at:
https://studentaid.gov/fsa-id/create-account/launch?continueTo=fafsa or make an appointment with the Financial Aid Officer
Apply for a FSA ID (prior to appointment) at
*It can take up to three days to get your FSA ID
Complete your form at: www.fafsa.ed.gov
(this is a free application)
- School Year: SY2022-2023
- Tax Year: 2020 (use the IRS data retrieval
tool to prevent additional paperwork from
the IRS; worksheets can be printed from
website) W-2s and 2020 IRS tax forms are required to complete the FAFSA form
- ACWHCC School Code: 031170
Contact the ACWHCC Financial Aid Officer to schedule an appointment to have your Pell Grant calculated and receive your Financial Aid offer.
- Sign in at www.studentloans.gov using your FSA user ID when you applied for the FAFSA.
- Complete Entrance Counseling
- Complete the Master Promissory Note for Subsidized/Unsubsidized loans.
Note: You will be required to give names and phone number of two people not living with you.
DEPARTMENT OF VETERANS AFFAIRS
Federal Direct Loans are NOT credit-based. They are based on your school enrollment. You WILL be required to re-pay this loan, however, your repayment will not begin until six months after completion. Interest rates range between 5% and 6.8%. Average payments are $50-$100 per month for 10 years.
APPLY ON YOUR PHONE
Students and parents can complete the FAFSA form using the myStudentAid app (download from app store or Google Play). The myFAFSA component, which is used to complete the FAFSA form, is the app's featured function.
Note: If app was downloaded prior to Oct. 2020, it must download an update to access the 2021-2022 FAFSA form.
Bring the following documents when you meet with our Financial Aid Officer:
- Social Security Card
- FSA ID and password
- Photo ID, State ID, Drivers License or Passport
- High School Diploma or GED Certificate
- FAFSA Application (For Federal Pell Grant)
- Most recent W-2 Forms
- Most recent Federal Income Tax Forms
- Most recent Unemployment Statement, which includes your total benefits (for persons receiving unemployment benefits)