Corporation for Appalachian Development Scholarship
David V. Stivison Appalachian Community Action Scholarship Fund
The mission of the Corporation for Ohio Appalachian Development (COAD) David V. Stivison Appalachian Community Action Scholarship Fund is to provide financial assistance to students who:
- Are residents of COAD's service area
- Want to attend institutions of higher education
- Lack the required resources to do so
- To enable students to attend an accredited institution of higher education by awarding scholarship assistance.
- To increase participation rates of COAD service area students who attend institutions of higher education.
- To provide, when possible and desired, summer employment opportunities to selected scholarship recipients in cooperation with COAD-member Community Action Agencies.
To be eligible, an applicant must meet all of the following criteria:
- Be a resident of the 30-county COAD service area for at least one year before the application deadline.
- Reside in a household with a total annual income at or below 200% of the federal poverty guidelines.
- Have obtained or will obtain a high school degree or GED®.
- Show proof of acceptance by an accredited 2-year or 4-year institution of higher education.
Click below for application requirements and to apply on the COAD website.