Ashland County-West Holmes Career Center Scholarships
Friends of Adult Education Scholarship
Adult students who need to change careers find it nearly impossible to finance both education and their family financial responsibilities. The Friends of Adult Education Endowed Fund will provide scholarships to Adult Education students, making it possible for them to further their knowledge and workforce skills which meet the need of business and industry.
Ashland County Community Foundation Friends of Adult Education Scholarship Students who enroll in a 600-900 hour program and who receive a Pell Grant/FSEOG Grant, but no other grant funds, can request application information from the enrollment staff in the Adult Education Office. Read our Friends of Adult Education Brochure to learn more.
If you would like to support this effort to help someone change their future, tax deductible contributions may be made online or mailed to Ashland County Community Foundation (ACCF) at:
Friends of Adult Education Endowed Fund
300 College Avenue
Ashland, OH 44805
Adult Education Scholarship
This scholarship is awarded to a graduating student from ACWHCC, Ashland High School, Hillsdale High School, Loudonville High School, Mapleton High School, or West Holmes High School who enrolls in an ACWHCC 600-900 hour program within one year of graduation. For more details or to fill out the application, read our Scholarship Brochure.
American Medical Technologists- Deadline: April 1
Dental Assistant Scholarship AMTIE offers five $500 scholarships each year. The award is given to a student in need; therefore the applicant must provide evidence of financial need. The applicant’s course of study must lead to a career in one of the disciplines certified by the American Medical Technologists. The award may only be used to defray tuition costs, and will be sent directly to the school of the recipient’s choice. Award recipients are notified by early summer. Visit the American Medical Technologists site to learn more.
Ashland County Foundation- Deadline: March 15. Women’s Fund Scholarship Opportunity
Who is eligible?
- Non-traditional student = Ashland County resident (90 days minimum) over the age of 24 and entering college for the first time or starting again after not being enrolled for at least one year.
- Continuing students are ineligible.
- High school graduate (from any high school) or GED® earned
- Planning to attend any type of higher education (to include traditional 2 or 4 year schools, vocational schools, adult education programs, certificate programs, etc.)
Learn more about the Ashland County Foundation Women's Fund Scholarship.
Corporation for Appalachian Development - Deadline: April 1
David V. Stivison Appalachian Community Action Scholarship Fund
The mission of the Corporation for Ohio Appalachian Development (COAD) David V. Stivison Appalachian Community Action Scholarship Fund is to provide financial assistance to students who:
- Are residents of COAD's service area
- Want to attend institutions of higher education
- Lack the required resources to do so
- To enable students to attend an accredited institution of higher education by awarding scholarship assistance.
- To increase participation rates of COAD service area students who attend institutions of higher education.
- To provide, when possible and desired, summer employment opportunities to selected scholarship recipients in cooperation with COAD-member Community Action Agencies.
To be eligible, an applicant must meet all of the following criteria:
- Be a resident of the 30-county COAD service area for at least one year before the application deadline.
- Reside in a household with a total annual income at or below 200% of the federal poverty guidelines.
- Have obtained or will obtain a high school degree or GED®.
- Show proof of acceptance by an accredited 2-year or 4-year institution of higher education.
Access the application requirements on the COAD website.
EGIA Foundation Scholarship
EGIA Foundation has established a scholarship program to assist students passionately committed to a career in home services industry who plan to enroll at an accredited two-year college, vocational, technical school or other approved technical institute in the U.S. https://www.scholarsapply.org/egiafoundation/
GED® Earner Scholarship
Students who are eligible, attend GED® preparation classes through ACWHCC Aspire preparation sites at Ashland Public Library, Loudonville Public Library, Ashland Salvation Army KROC Center, Millersburg Love Center, or Savannah Mission to Amish People (MAP) and enroll in an ACWHCC 600-900 hour program within two years of their GED® award. Learn more or apply by reading our Scholarship Brochure.
A need-based grant for Richland County Residents. Find out more from the Richland County Youth and Family Council website.
Horatio Alger Career & Technical Scholarship Application Available to apply March 15
Deadline: June 15, 2017
1020 awards. Receive up to $2,500 to pursue a career or technical certificate/degree
- Have completed high school (or earned a GED®)
- Will be enrolled in eligible program in Fall 2017
- Exhibit a strong commitment to pursue and complete a career or technical program at an accredited non-profit post-secondary institution in the United States
- Demonstrated critical financial need (must be eligible to receive the Federal Pell grant as determined by completion of the FAFSA)
- Demonstrated perseverance in overcoming adversity
- Be under the age of 30
- Be a United States citizen
Funds may be used for tuition, fees, books and supplies. All scholarship funds are paid directly to the institution on behalf of the recipient.
Marine Corps Scholarship Foundation
Deadline: The CTE scholarship application is available all year and applications are processed every month. The entire process may take 5 weeks.
Career and Technical Educational Scholarship
We’re committed to supporting Marine children in pursuit of their educational goals and there’s no more versatile educational path than through Career and Technical Education (CTE). From health sciences to finance, IT to manufacturing, CTE professionals are on the cutting edge of today’s most hands-on careers. This scholarship is for students planning to attend a non-degree certificate program or vocational training that is less than 12 months at a community college or private career school listed on College Navigator. Learn more about the Career and Technical Educational Scholarship.
Non-Traditional Student Grant
Eligible students enroll in a 600-900 hour ACWHCC Career Development program in which 25% or less are represented by the student’s gender. Examples: women in Maintenance Training, Welding, or men in Business Office Technologies, Dental Assisting. Learn more or apply by reading our Scholarship Brochure.
Pocket Nurse Scholarship - Allied Health Careers
Richland County Foundation Deadline: April 1
College and Trade School Application
Scholarships are based on the following criteria:
- Must be a Richland County resident or graduate from a Richland County high school.
- Demonstrate financial need.
- Pursue a full-time undergraduate program at an accredited college or career school.
- Students working on post-secondary education goals involving welding, precision machine, small engine repair, bricklaying, diesel and auto mechanics and others are eligible to apply.
- New applicants must achieve a 2.5 GPA or above and previous scholarship recipients applying for a scholarship must achieve at least a 2.0 GPA.
Learn more and apply through the Richland County Foundation.
Walmart Associate Scholarship- Application period February 1 – March 1
Scholarships for Walmart associates and their Dependents
The Walmart Foundation offers scholarship programs that benefit qualified Walmart associates and their high school senior dependents. While our scholarships are not available to the public, the Walmart Foundation also provides opportunities for aspiring students by supporting organizations such as the American Indian College Fund, Asian & Pacific Islander American Scholarship Fund, Hispanic Scholarship Fund, Thurgood Marshall College Fund.
Visit Walmart Foundation scholarship information to learn more.
College for Native American Students: https://www.affordablecollegesonline.org/college-resource-center/native-american-scholarships-resources/
Workforce Development Scholarship
This scholarship is for those entering the construction industry.