Linking school with community services
The School/Community Liaison program is funded by the citizens of Ashland County and the Mental Health & Recovery Board of Ashland County.
A School/Community Liaison is a social service professional with the service goals of :
- Forging strong home/school/community partnerships
- Increasing school attendance through working with parents
- Helping students to develop healthy life skills and coping mechanisms
- Responding to crises in school
- Helping to provide easier access to community supports by directing students and their families to appropriate resources
- Engaging families through school activities such as teacher conferences, family programs, home visits, etc.
- Acting as a support for teachers and staff through collaboration and consultation.
Contact Deb Gilson, School/Community Liaison for ACWHCC, at 419-289-3313, Ext. 277. Mrs. Gilson also serves as advisor for the Interact Club.